Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgving in planning

2009 Thanksgiving dishes
Well every year it starts. I plan on doing new things at Thanksgiving and then I do the new things and the same old things and the darn menu gets bigger and bigger. This year I wanted to go out to a fancy restaurant because to a foodie, frankly, t-day is overwhelming and a lot of work! Well family whining prevailed and I am cooking anyway. Usual menu is pretty lengthy and I won't waste space here. However, my new creation is a go on the caveman diet! Steam cauliflower for about 20 minutes. Mash gently to break into small, rice size pieces. Mix together with fresh parsley, butter, salt and pepper and premade bacon bits (I broiled belly trim leftovers for 20 min and then gently pulsed in food processor). FANTASTIC. More on Thanksgiving later. And yes I eat a lot of pork, thanks, I can't help myself. Basically, you people can have my share of chicken, blech. Future blogs will see more pork in action, lamb and oysters...

No comments:

Post a Comment